GET IT NOW!
The CB EPROM DATA BOOK
by Martin T. Pickering, B. Eng.
EPROMS are often associated with modern microcomputer technology and thought to be equally as complex! However far from making life complicated, EPROMS are as easy to use as any other electronic component and can make simple work of an otherwise difficult circuit. Using simple language and a good selection of diagrams, this book explains how to make effective use of EPROM technology in modern CB radios.
By covering a previously unexplained topic, this book will prove to be an invaluable complement to the popular reference manual The CB PLL DATA BOOK.
This manual is essential reading for anyone wanting to convert a CB radio to work on the American Novice Band, or 10 meter Amateur Band. Of course once you understand the basic principles, you can figure out how to get many other bands, too!
of the topics include:
· Fundamentals of EPROM operation - internal storage,
· Hexadecimal Conversion tables.
· Choosing the right device - Outputs, Transistor inverter, Input voltage, Output voltage.
· Practical examples - The Cobra 148GTL on 10 Meters, Cobra 146GTL, President ADAMS, Ham International multi-modes, general purpose EPROM board.
· Programming EPROMS, erasing EPROMS, pinouts of popular EPROM devices, Decimal to binary conversion, N-Code tables for popular CB radios.
· Increasing the frequency range by pulse subtraction using ordinary logic chips - a complete example with circuit and explanation is given for 10 Meter conversion.
GET IT NOW!