See Order Form for prices. Download book sample (136Kb ZIPped PDF)
WANT LOTS MORE CB CHANNELS
AN EASY 10M HAM CONVERSION ?
Here's the most
comprehensive easy to understand reference guide
to CB radio PLL circuits you'll ever need. Completely revised and expanded to include all
the latest chip technology.
8½" x 11" Softcover · 88 pages, 43 illustrations, 10 charts · ISBN 0-943132-05-3
Now you don't have to be an electronic genius to understand PLL synthesizer circuits and frequency modifications. Using the same clear, non-technical writing style that made his classic book, THE "SCREWDRIVER EXPERTS" GUIDE so popular, CB radio author Lou Franklin unravels the mysteries of the PLL circuit for both beginners and professional repairmen.
Become a PLL expert the lazy mans way. We've combined hundreds of CB models and years of PLL experience into a single handy reference source. "How can I unlock the PLL02A for more channels?" "Whats the function of Pin 9 on the LC7131?" "Which radios are the easiest and hardest to convert?" The answers to these questions and many more are all here!
· How the PLL works. Simple but detailed text and illustrations, all carefully prepared and written for the average person.
· How to modify the PLL for many more channels or the 10-Meter Ham band.
· How the PLL is used for the SSB "slider" shift and for FM transmission.
· How and where the PLL provides all the required mixing signals for CB operation.
· How the major CB manufacturers easily convert 40-channel American rigs into "export" models which often have up to 320 channels.
· Pin-by-pin functional description for nearly every PLL device used, old or new. Includes U.S., U.K., and European chips, plus manufacturers cross references.
· Specific lists of every known CB radio using a particular PLL chip, grouped by chip type and chassis type. All the latest U.S. and export radios included.
In THE CB PLL DATA BOOK, youll have all available information at your fingertips for the following PLL devices:
Also included is a unique section of specially prepared PLL chassis diagrams. These are simplified illustrations showing exactly how a particular chip is used to generate all IF frequencies, downmix frequencies, Clarifier and SSB offsets, etc. Easier to understand than the manufacturers own service manuals! Covers all the most common chassis, including:
LC7120 AM & SSB
NDI SSB (early)
NDI SSB (late)
PLL02A AM 2-xtal
PLL02A AM 3-xtal
|PLL02A SSB (U.S.
PLL03A/08A AM & FM
TC9106/9119 AM & FM
|uPD858 AM 2-xtal
uPD858 AM 3-xtal
uPD861 AM ROM
uPD861 AM Binary
Plus special diagrams for the Cobra 148GTL-DX, Realistic TRC459, and Uniden HR2510 chassis.
This is the only reference especially written to include non-technical people and serious repairmen. Professionally typeset, bound and illustrated, the big new International Edition covers all the most popular, classic PLL circuits. Plus all the very latest state-of-the-art devices in CB use worldwide.
Dont be left guessing learn the tricks of the trade now. This is "must" reading for every true CB hobbyist or serviceman!
CBC INTERNATIONAL · P.O. BOX 30655 · TUCSON AZ 85751 U.S.A.
TEL/FAX: 888-I-FIX-CBs (1-888-434-9227), (520) 298-7980
To send us an email now, click here.
ORDER NOW! HOME